What Is Success? - Why Success Isn't the Same For Everyone
We regard people as successful or failures because of the weight we place on certain things such as the ability to get results, make money, and make a positive change or impression on others. These and other definitions or explanations for success stem from a number of factors which include social, professional or even spiritual background. These backgrounds affect our predisposition to a point where they have a capacity to limit or propel us. My take on what success is may be different to yours. I explore some of the issues as to why success cannot be the same for everyone.
1. Success is the accomplishment or achievement of a positive result in any event, challenge or undertaking that an individual participates in or initiates. It is the winning aspect as opposed to losing that is success. A positive predetermined outcome is equal to success in that regard.
2. It is not entirely true to say winning is success because success depends on the kind of target or goal that one would have set for example, getting a bronze medal may be success for somebody else but for the one who wins gold most of the time has not won bronze but lost gold.
3. A top five finish in a premier football league may be good enough for some teams but not for your top performers. Success in that instance become relative to the level of ambition one has and the value one places on quality of output.
4. Some people aim low and hit and yet others prefer to aim high and miss. It is the whole aspect of the scale and level of achievement. Small goals that are not challenging are easier to accomplish while big audacious ones require more effort. The sweetness of the victory therefore is in accomplishing the almost impossible.
5. Factors such as one's upbringing, level ambition and belief in one's ability to accomplish a certain result will determine whether one succeeds or not in life.
6. High - flyers, movers and shakers do not engage in low risk living and sets stretching goals. Their success is not the mediocre and mundane but it is life - changing and creates major shifts in the quality of life they enjoy and amount off influence they have in their generation.
7. We can generally agree that to succeed is to get a positive outcome, but personal success depends on the individual concerned. Some people do not mind living a life that can be termed mediocre by other people's standards because they settle for what is the commonly accepted and are not willing to overcome barriers and "move mountains" that stand in the way of their accomplishment.
8. Therefore the complexion of your success really depends on how you paint it or the color of the lenses you see the world through.
At the end of the day, success is one of three things; what you think success is what others think it is or what it really is. What is success to you?
Fitzgerald Mujuru is an author motivational speaker, marketing consultant and musician. He is the author of soon to be published book, "Power Thought For Today" motivational series. He is the pioneer of Jeduthun Music which has been recording and doing live shows in the last ten years. You can visit him on http://powerthought4today.wordpress.com or http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Fitzgerald_Mujuru
Photo: photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible