How to Make the Most of Your Days With a "Morning Personal Success Routine"
One my essential entrepreneurial practices is a morning Personal Success Routine ("PSR"), that is my foundation for the day. If you don't have one or you never consciously designed it - you need one. If you have one, I'd love to hear about yours in the comments. I've found that when I don't follow some kind of morning Personal Success Routine that includes some or all of various meditation, writing, exercise or happiness activities, I feel less healthy, less happy and less productive - both in the ways I have fun and in work.
No daily structure can be as bad as too much structure
After I left the 9-to-5 world, I had to figure out a whole new morning routine for myself. I mean sure, it's fun waking up to nothing for awhile...but it gets old. When you have no morning or daily structure, it can be as irritating as having too much structure. And even though I'd been an entrepreneur before, it was different because I was the CEO of a company...and thus had another 9-to-5 job.
So now in my PebbleStormy (yes, that's a word) world of "work on what I want, when I want, with whom I want, from where I want..." I've been experimenting for a long time on how to start my days off on the right foot. Trust me, either lying in bed or doing nothing in the morning gets old fast - well, if I do it more than 1-2 days per week...
Puzzle pieces of a morning routine that helps you make the most of each day: It's best if you string together 2-5 steps into a regular routine in the morning, and create the habit of following it each day.
1. Get enough sleep - you need at least 7 hours
2. Drink water right when you wake up (and drink 8-10 glasses through the day)
3. Get moving, Jumping jacks, push ups and/or sit ups, or just walk around the block
4. Meditate for five minutes (or more)
5. Journaling for 5-20 minutes, which could include anything from visioning about your dream life or business, brainstorming new business ideas, or just dumping out what's in your head through stream-of-consciousness writing
6. Your "3 goals" for the day. If you can only get 3-5 things done today, what should they be?
7. Good food: Avoid coffee and pastries and junk! Ideally you can start the day off right with a green smoothie, but anything like fruit, protein, greens, tea, etc. Go for progress, not perfection in your morning meal.
Take babysteps with designing and sticking to your routine You don't need a lot of steps in the morning, or some complex routine. Start with something simple, such as a green smoothie. Or 1-2 minutes of meditation. Create a plan to have a more exensive Personal Success Ruotine over time, including good food, exercise, meditation, happiness awareness/practice and goal-setting.
If you try to do too much too quickly, you'll be more likely to fall off track at some point and get discouraged. Start with one thing at a time - take babysteps, and keep at them. Keep it simple and add one new practice per month. If you fall off track, just get back on when you can.
"Make as much money as you want, doing what you love"
Image Credit: digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible