Why students need proper time management skills
Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year - and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!
-- Anthony Robbins
Does it always feel like you are running against time? There are seemingly a lot of homework to do, projects to finish, school activities to attend to, etc. If you are always late or has tons of pending things to do, then it is time to rethink your time management strategy. Maybe what you have is not working effectively.
Below are some suggestions on how best you can manage your time and start organizing your messy and hectic life.
1. Make it a point to list things you need to do.
Priority is the keyword. Your list should not note down the most important to the least important. Having a planner can make this easier for you. After each task is finish, then go on the next. Before you know it, you have accomplished everything on your list.
Try to reward yourself after finishing your tasks. It will serve as your boost to go on and start with the next. Nothing like the anticipation of finishing a task to get a reward in return. These rewards can also serve as the diversion you need after the hard work.
2. Make every second count.
Even if you find yourself buried deep in things to do, you will notice that there are moments when you seem to be not doing anything at all. These spare times can prove vital if you want to manage your time well.
For example, in the process of resting, why not look over some notes just to familiarize yourself with them. You do not have to memorize or understand deeper, just scan through. In the process of scanning, you mind takes in the details to be recovered later on.
3. Notes should be reviewed everyday. When you look at your notes everyday, less time will be spent in studying especially when examination time comes. There will be no need to cram or memorize too many information at the shortest time.
Reviewing them regularly will make you prepared whenever your teachers decide to give you unexpected quizzes or tests. Some teachers test their students this way. They serve as a constant check up on how students are managing their subjects. The results of these quizzes give them an idea who are taking some time to read notes and who are waiting to be told to study.
4. Be a taskmaster. Figure out how much of your time are spent on studying and other school-related activities. Then check how much free time is left for you. You can budget your time better if you know how much time are spending on a particular task.
It is also important that you give yourself some free time so you will not find yourself losing your sanity altogether.
5. Do not waste time over nothing. Have you ever encountered a time when you used up all you time just thinking and driving yourself crazy with bad thoughts? When you have overcome that stage, did any good result from it?
Why not just spend these times being more productive? Even if you do not feel like doing anything demanding, you can always find a task that is less tiring. By starting on that to pass your time, you have moved a bit from the position you were in earlier.
6. Keep everything in perspective. In your goal setting stage, you may have included goals that you think you can achieve but are too difficult to do so in reality. While it is okay to set seemingly high goals, do not try to overdo them. Try to set realistic and reachable goals.
7. No one is perfect. Trying to have a perfect time management will only disappoint you in the end. Like all time management plans, these things should be open to change when the situation calls for it.
Nearly perfect goals are not that easy to achieve. And with you not being perfect also, do not expect things to turn out as you have anticipated.
After you have gotten into the feel of your time management skills, you will see that it is not really difficult maintaining them. You just have to make them work for you. This way, you will get more free time to do other things you want.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible